Last visit was: It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 9:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Tultipet
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:14 am 

From the reply by Eric Gorman:

4) There were certain events that happened in the Valley of Nis. Do you know about them? Are you interested in finding another *spoilerspoilerspoiler*

Just for the heck of it I did a google search for Valley of Nis. Not surprisingly knowing Henry I came up with a reference for a H.P. Lovecraft story called "Memory" set in the "Valley of Nis." Imagine that... ;)

Here's the link for those interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_(H._P._Lovecraft)

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:49 am 

Henry, Eric brought up a good point with this item below. Can you shed any light on the relationship between Larissa and the Tultipetans? It would give us insight into how to play these particular Dwarves. Thanks in advance for any tidbits of wisdom. :)

3)There is also the related issue of how you see Larissa and the Pantheon of Man. All the other enclaves have had a divine "intervention" of some sort. For the Solani it's all about earning Illiir's forgiveness. For the Encali, there is Sarish's bargain. For the Tir Betoqi, they have a Legend that Hurrian has promised to intervene on their behalf if they do a good enough job at protecting humanity. The Nol Dappans have their experience with the Blade of Nier. Presumably Tultipet has some encounter with Larissa in its collective past. Do you still believe the Goddess has plans for you? Or do you believe you've been abandoned? How do you feel about the human gods as a whole?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:27 pm 

I remember running a slot zero of that adventure. The Cadican rogue snuck out of the room where the rest of the party was busy with combat and came upon the dragon. Before the dragon even spoke up, the rogue says, "So I'll bet you want to be freed..."

The rest of the party never had a say in the release.

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:36 pm 

I should get someone to run me through the last campaign sometime. I got into it near the end of its lifespan and decided to stay away for the new one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:07 pm 

In what module did the dragon get freed?

Anoush val'Mehan, Sarishan Binder (3.9)
Valadriel Maethirion, Kio Duelist (2.5)
Irena val'Virdan, Priestess of Nier (2)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:42 am 

marybamford wrote:
In what module did the dragon get freed?

Hi Mary!

The old module from the last campaign was called "A Host Divided Against Itself." IIRC it was the penultimate event of the last into the concluding BI.

Eric

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:18 am 

Hello,

Back in the old campaign, we did Critical Events infrequently, but when an event was held at Origins or Gen Con, I would get feedback from the GMs at the various tables and tabulated the results over the weekend.

The adventure "A Host Divided Against Itself" had the Dragon element and its possible release, which I kept a close watch on as the various tables finished.

Towards the end, I remember that the tables were equally divided between those that released teh Dragon and those that didn't. (For those that didn't play the adventure, the release wasn't necessary to complete the primary goal).

I thought I was going to have to flip a coin as to what happened in canon, when one last table came in and stated that the Dragon was released. And to make things even more interesting, one of the players at the table ran a Tultipetan dwarf.

Needless to say, the irony satisfied even my penchant for poetic justice. :-)

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 pm 

I'm really wondering now if the player of that dwarf is still in the campaign. I'd hate to be him.

Henry can I assume that the Dwarves of Tultipet followed the Oracular Sect of Larissa? That would seem to be indicated by what I can infer from the text on pp. 37 and 109. As I mentioned in an earlier post any information about their relationship with Larissa would be appreciated by those of us looking to play these dwarves.

I've noticed that all followers of Larissa whether Sensate or Oracular are given no armor proficiency (unless I missed something). While that makes sense for the Sensates, I recall the Oraculars in the old campaign could wear armor. Just wondering about this. Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:16 pm 

Yes, the Oracular aspect of Tultipet has been well established. There are surely SOME hedonists in the population, but that never seemed to be their major aspect.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:54 pm 

Michael,

Cody is correct, the culture of Tultipet revere Larissa and Her Oracular tradition, but I think you're confusing a cultural focus with a limitation on what a Tultipetan can be/do. There are Tultipetan warriors, rogues, and priests of the other Gods as well.

In fact, many (not all, of course) question their fealty to the Divine Harlot given that while they were granted the ability to see the future, their own fate was not revealed to them. This has caused some to turn away from Larissa and embrace other patron deities, such as Neroth.

I refer you to the Codex Arcanis chapter of the dwarves for further information.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next