Last visit was: It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2024 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Official GenCOn 2015 Information Thread
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:16 pm 

RMFIRANEK wrote:
is the badge a reimbursement or will it be a prepaid like a gm badge? also when will you let us know whether you'll need us or not?

If you need to sign up for games before we can get the gm badges set, it will be reimbursement. If you can wait, we can set you up later. It really depends on whether or not you can wait.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:20 pm 

Actually badge request is due in same date as event reg so we may be able to make this work better.

NOTE: If you are waiting for reg before signing up, AND you want room space, you will be too late to get a room. I have enabled the ability to swap gm slots if you want to do so afterwards.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:08 pm 

I will be running Legacies events again this year, but I am willing to help with the Slot Zeroes for either Arcanis or Witch Hunter.

aka Sister Mary Flagellating myself for your sins

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:28 am 

Ok folks, we're nearing the deadline and we currently have 4 of 55 tables signed up for. I'm making the requirement to get a room spot only 6 sessions in hopes people will step up. Otherwise we may have to cancel this year.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:40 am 

Clint, I can daytrip Gencon from Cinci on Saturday to run Arcanis events for the day which would get you 3 tables. Let me know when you can if you need me.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:24 am 

Clint,
I will run 4 tables for GenCon, I just don't know which ones yet until I see the event listing to know what I'm playing (slot-wise). Is that going to be an issue?

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:25 pm 

Not at all John. I completely understand the not wanting to sign up before you know your schedule. And this is perfectly viable if you don't need room space.

We've got about 3 weeks to get the judge rooms filled before we lose them. I'm just a little surprised those didn't fill quickly due to all the housing issues GenCon continues to have. It's also possible to sign up for the 6 judge slots and then re-kink them around after the cut off. The cutoff and the day the events go live are the same day so we can't wait til after if you want a room spot.

If we reach May 17th and haven't improved much, we're going to have to rethink our offerings.

We need as many judges as we can get. I know GenCon hasn't been an Arcanis/Paradigm destination in a while, but we're trying to bring that back. And we certainly aren't trying to take the place of Origins as the premier con for them. There are a lot of Paradigm folks that go there for completely other reasons and like to use it for their other gaming. We sure could use their help if they can spare a slot or two.

I know we can fill most these tables with players.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:58 pm 

Clint, judges rooms work fine for people traveling by themselves, but not so much for families or even just with spouses.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:15 pm 

I'd think that would be pretty self-evident.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:39 pm 

maybe a cert for gencon gms who run at least 2 or some other reward for those who run 5/6 like a book or something...

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next